Iran has accepted the reality of the world by singing to the deal envisaged by Turkey and Brazil.
JOINT DECLARATION BY IRAN, TURKEY AND BRAZIL
(17 May 2010)
Having met in Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran, the undersigned have agreed on the following Declaration:
1) We reaffirm our commitment to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons and in accordance with the related articles of the NPT, recall the right of all State Parties, including the Islamic Republic of Iran, to develop research, production and use of nuclear energy (as well as nuclear fuel cycle including enrichment activities) for peaceful purposes without discrimination.
2) We express our strong conviction that we have the opportunity now to begin a forward looking process that will create a positive, constructive, non-confrontational atmosphere leading to an era of interaction and cooperation.
3) We believe that the nuclear fuel exchange is instrumental in initiating cooperation in different areas, especially with regard to peaceful nuclear cooperation including nuclear power plant and research reactors construction.
4) Based on this point the nuclear fuel exchange is a starting point to begin cooperation and a positive constructive move forward among nations. Such a move should lead to positive interaction and cooperation in the field of peaceful nuclear activities replacing and avoiding all kinds of confrontation through refraining from measures, actions and rhetorical statements that would jeopardize Iran's rights and obligations under the NPT.
5) Based on the above, in order to facilitate the nuclear cooperation mentioned above, the Islamic Republic of Iran agrees to deposit 1200 kg LEU in Turkey. While in Turkey this LEU will continue to be the property of Iran. Iran and the IAEA may station observers to monitor the safekeeping of the LEU in Turkey.
6) Iran will notify the IAEA in writing through official channels of its agreement with the above within seven days following the date of this declaration. Upon the positive response of the Vienna Group (US, Russia, France and the IAEA) further details of the exchange will be elaborated through a written agreement and proper arrangement between Iran and the Vienna Group that specifically committed themselves to deliver 120 kg of fuel needed for the Tehran Research Reactor (TRR).
7) When the Vienna Group declares its commitment to this provision, then both parties would commit themselves to the implementation of the agreement mentioned in item 6. Islamic Republic of Iran expressed its readiness to deposit its LEU (1200 kg) within one month. On the basis of the same agreement the Vienna Group should deliver 120 kg fuel required for TRR in no later than one year.
8) In case the provisions of this Declaration are not respected Turkey, upon the request of Iran, will return swiftly and unconditionally Iran's LEU to Iran.
Under this agreement Iranian low-enriched uranium would be exchanged for fuel rods for the medical research reactor in Tehran. Since electric power reactors would operate using fuels enriched to less than 5%, Iran must take one more step and stop enriching uranium to 20% once the protocal for the fuel has been accepted. Iranian nuclear fuel cycle is not in violation of NPT.
Washington must also accept the realities of the world. Our responses often have been forged by special elements of our society bent to bring Iran on its knees begging for mercy. The proponents have had the same trenched position for many decades. It does not make any difference who governs Iran and state of democracy in the country; the objectives have been to keep Iran subservient to USA and a satellite nation. The insubordination of the Iranian governments has irked the US administrations. Can we do the same trick we pulled in 1953? No!
The objectives transcend the present realities. What realities: Thierry Meyssan French political analyst, founder and chairman of the Voltaire Network and the Axis for Peace conference posted the following article: Strategy shift in the Middle East. Meyssan states:
“The Iraqi chaos and the creation of a quasi-state in Kurdistan have forced neighbouring states to work together to avert a spillover effect, especially since Washington has already attempted to destabilize them all to keep them out of the Iraqi game. Thus the United States and Israel covertly supported Kurdish separatists in Turkey (PKK), those in Iran (Pejak) and those in Syria. As a result, the Iran-Syria axis has been replaced by the Iran-Syria-Turkey triangle. This new alliance enjoys a historical legitimacy without parallel.”
Please read the entire article: http://www.voltairenet.org/article165434.html
Are Meyssan’s analyses correct?